My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Tags - Alcohol Ink and Foil

Good day crafty people!
I have a group of friends that are
crafty people.  We are in different areas
of the US and most of us know each other online.
I am close friends with some of them in real life
and I hope to meet the rest of them in person
one day. But for now we are close online friends.
Some of our group decided to have a
Tag Swap.
We have done this at Christmas before,
but this time decide to do other tags.
We needed to make 5 tags for each person
in the swap.  There were only 5 of us participating,
so I needed to make 20 tags for the other ladies.
I will be posting about these tags over the
 next couple weeks.  These are
the first tags in this series.

I knew I wanted to use some of my
alcohol ink pieces for the tags, so I looked
through my stash and found some of the ones
I liked the best.
This one I used alcohol inks on silver metallic
card stock.  I put the ink onto a felt blending tool
and pounced it onto the card stock.
The alcohol inked piece flips up on each
of these tags, you'll see that below.
I made a "messy nest" of silver thread
and topped it with a silver thread bow to
finish it off.

This one was made by dripping alcohol inks
onto white glossy card stock and blowing through
a straw to spread the inks.  I also pounce with
ink and blending solution to create this beautiful
design.  I added a few buttons for interest.

I had an inked tag that matched beautifully
with the alcohol inked piece, so I used that
for the tag base. I inked this tag with
Distress Inks then flicked water onto the tag
and picked it up with a paper towel, creating the
lighter areas.
For all of the tags, I used small strips of
clear acetate packaging to make the hinges.

These next two tags were done on one larger
piece of glossy card stock and cut down. 
I used alcohol inks
and when they were not quite dry, and still a little
tacky, I applied gold Deco Foil to them, then pulled it off.
Where ever the ink wasn't dried the gold foil stuck,
that's where you see it on the tags.
I love this technique, you never know
what you'll end up with, it's always different.
To finish one off, I wound gold thread around
the tag and tied a bow on the front.

This one I simply tied a bow with gold thread
and glued it to the front of the tag on top
of a messy nest of thread.

This is what the insides of the tags
look like.

I think my crafty friends will like
the tags I made, each of them will get one of these.
Next post I'll show you some other tags I made for the swap.

Thanks for stopping by today,
until next time, have fun
crafting something.




Note the links are only to give a reference so you can
see what the products are.
I didn't necessarily purchase from these sites,
except where specified,
and you may find better prices elsewhere,
I am in no way promoting any particular site.

No comments: