My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Monday, February 4, 2019

Lego Card

Hello and welcome to
Kristie Kreates!
Today I have a birthday card to share 
with you.  My niece's little guy loves
Legos, so I thought a Lego card would
be perfect for him.
I started with a piece from my stash that
I had created with alcohol inks on glossy
paper.  I simply swiped across the paper
with green, then swiped stripes across with blue,
 turned the paper 90 degrees 
and swiped with more blue.
  This created a plaid background.
 I thought this would work well for a 
background panel.
I then created the legos with my 
These were simple enough, just a rectangle 
and circles.  I cut them out with my Silhouette,
using scraps from my stash.
I glued the "base" pieces onto the background panel,
then used round foam adhesive behind the circles
to give the dimension of the Legos.
I used foam tape to adhere this piece to a 
white card stock base, to make a sort of
pocket.
I made a tag to slip in behind the 
Lego panel.
I found a Lego font online, downloaded
it and cut that for the
Happy Birthday sentiment.
When Anthony opened his card, I heard
a "Oh Wow!" from him and that made
me smile.

Thanks for spending time at my blog today,
I hope you've been inspired in some way.
Now go be creative!




Note the links are only to give a reference so you can
see what the products are.
I didn't necessarily purchase from these sites,
except where specified,
and you may find better prices elsewhere,
I am in no way promoting any particular site.

No comments: