My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Saturday, March 2, 2019

Abstract Card

Hello!
Something a little different today.
This is a birthday card that I made for my hubby.
I was looking through my stash of backgrounds for
something to use on his card and came across this piece.
I loved it so much that I couldn't stand to cut it into
pieces, so I used the whole thing.
I made it using alcohol inks on a glossy card stock 
along with some blending solution.
When the ink was mostly dry, I applied some gold
Deco-foil, which stuck to the areas that were still a little
wet and a little bit sticky.

I simply adhered the piece to a white card base,
wrote a message inside and called it done.

Here you can see some of the shiny gold areas where
the Deco-foil stuck.  It's really quite beautiful.

I chose to use the piece for a horizontal
card, but it could be used as a vertical also.
My hubby loved it and I told him I understand
that he doesn't know what to do with the cards
I make for him and I'll take this one off his hands
to hang in my craft room.
I may just have him frame it for me.

Thanks for popping in today.
I hope you'll come again soon and
that you have been inspired in some way today.
Until next time,
give something different a try!




Note the links are only to give a reference so you can
see what the products are.
I didn't necessarily purchase from these sites,
except where specified,
and you may find better prices elsewhere,
I am in no way promoting any particular site.

1 comment:

Clipping Path said...

Nice post.Keep sharing. Thanks for sharing.