My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Monday, December 16, 2019

Swap Round 2 #2 Snowmen

Hi crafty fans!
My scrappy group of friends just finished 
our #2 Swap for this round.
The theme was snowmen.
Here is my project.
I started with some aluminum foil
that I shaped into a snowman's head.
I wish I had thought to take pictures of the
process, but I totally forgot.
All I did was tear up some news paper
and dip it in a mixture of flour and water.
I layered it onto the foil head and let it dry.
It took a couple layers, as I wanted to be sure it
was good and strong.
I then painted the head with craft paints.
For the collar, I accordion folded a page 
from an old book and painted it with
a cream colored paint, I then glued it into
a circle to create the collar.
I used gold paint to add a bit of color to the 
collar.  The head was adhered with 
Fabri-Tac adhesive and I added a simple bow
to dress him up a little bit.
For his hat, I used a small container from 
diabetic test strips, covered
it with black card stock and glued it to a brim.
The box is a square jewelry box that I had
in my craft room.
I painted it with gold paint, then used some 
distressink to "grunge" it up a bit.
I then covered the
whole thing with Mod Podge.
I think he turned out very cute and I hope
my friend likes him as much as I do.

Thanks for stopping by and spending time here.
I hope you're Holiday Season is fabulous and 
you are blessed with wonderful memories.




Note the links are only to give a reference so you can
see what the products are.
I didn't necessarily purchase from these sites,
except where specified,
and you may find better prices elsewhere,
I am in no way promoting any particular site.




No comments: