My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Friday, December 27, 2019

Ornaments

Hello crafty people!
Today I have some ornaments to show you.
I made these for my family this
Christmas. Each "family unit" received one.
We also had a ornament exchange with 
our scrapbooking/crafting group and
I decided that I would give one of these 
for that.
When I had to clean out my Aunt Marilyn's
apartment, when she went into a nursing home,
I found an old dresser scarf that I'm pretty sure
her Mom crocheted.
It had some torn spots, but I didn't want to
get rid of it, so I brought it home with me.
I took the pieces apart and made these ornaments
with the crocheted circles.
Everything else came from my stash in my
craft room, so every ornament is different.
I used chip board coasters for the base,
some were covered with


These darker ones were covered with 
I made the flower on this one with a 
scrap of fabric and colored it with 
some of the Nuvo paste.
This flowers and the other ones this
style, I made using Washi tape.

Some of them have buttons from
my button box, like this gold flower button.
Some have charms and this one
has some actual wool which I 
brought back from one of our trips to the
UK. I found it along a fence that was 
around a pasture for the sheep.





I absolutely LOVE how these turned out
and my family loved them too.
I still have plenty of the crochet circles left,
so I'm sure I'll be coming up with another way 
to use them.
They make a wonderful memory of some
family history for me.

Thanks for stopping in today,
I hope you'll come again soon.
Until then,
think about using something 
out of the ordinary to make something
special.



Note the links are only to give a reference so you can
see what the products are.
I didn't necessarily purchase from these sites,
except where specified,
and you may find better prices elsewhere,
I am in no way promoting any particular site.


No comments: