My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Sunday, May 17, 2020

No line coloring vs. stamped coloring

Hello, I hope you are having a good day!
I've been having quite a time being in the
house on lockdown for so long.
It's been weeks since I have been out and 
seen any friends or my family.
The only time I was out was one day
when I was pretty much force to go out,
as our refrigerator died on us, so we
needed to go buy a new one.  Luckily
everyone we saw at the appliance store was
wearing a mask and keeping their distance.
My creative motivation is down, but when
I do sit down to be creative, it helps a lot
and I do enjoy it.
Today I'm showing you a couple pieces I 
did, similar, but different techniques and
supplies.
I've always loved "no line coloring"
I'm not great at it, but practice makes perfect,
so I decided to give it a go with my watercolors.
I used a very light color, I believe Antique Linen, Distress
ink to stamp the images onto watercolor paper.
I then set about painting the images.
I think they turned out nice, but with practice
I should be able to do better.  
The point of this technique is to not have the 
stamped lines show as such.  All the ink is
blended into the painting and any outlining is
done with the painting.
This one was stamped with 
then colored with colored pencils.
This look is much smoother and cleaner.
It's much easier to control the color with this
technique.
I like both pieces, but the perfectionist in me
likes the second one better.
Have you ever tried no line coloring?
If you want to see how it's done check out
Kristina Werner's video here.
Kristina is one of my favorite artist/bloggers
and does beautiful no line coloring.
Thanks for stopping by today,
see you again soon.
Until then;
Try something new.




Note the links are only to give a reference so you can
see what the products are.
I didn't necessarily purchase from these sites,
except where specified,
and you may find better prices elsewhere,
I am in no way promoting any particular site.


No comments: