My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Saturday, December 26, 2020

Christmas Ornaments

Hello everyone!
I hope you've had a wonderful holiday season.
I know it's after Christmas, but I couldn't post
these before since they were made as gifts and I know
some of the recipients check out my blog now and then.
I have made it a tradition in the last few years to make an
ornament for each person that is at Christmas dinner with us.
This year is a little different, as there weren't many gathered
to celebrate on Christmas or any other time this season.
But I wanted to make ornaments anyway.
I happened to have some patterned felt and thought it would
work well for ornaments.
I found a tree and a star online that was easy to replicate
and made a pattern from them.
I then cut them out, hand stitched them and
stuffed them.
I think they turned out really pretty.
They are easy, pretty and didn't cost me
anything to make, and this year, that is a
real plus.
Once they were sewn and stuffed,
I added some pearl embellishments or 
little "dew drops" that I had in my stash.
Here are the stars.
I think they are just as cute as the trees.
I used embroidery floss to make a loop on top to hang 
from the tree.
I had my husband choose the one he wanted for our tree.
This is the one he chose.

Thanks for stopping by today,
I'll be posting more projects that I made as
Christmas gifts soon, so 
come again and see what I was up to this
Christmas season.
Until then,
think of something new to try in 2021.



 

No comments: