My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Sunday, April 9, 2023

2023 Maynard Egg Coloring Contest

Happy Easter!
A few weeks back I shared our 2022 Egg Decorating Contest.
Today I'm sharing our contest for this year.
We had a wonderful afternoon together coloring and decorating
eggs for Easter last Sunday.
We all met up at Jaryd and Sara's house,
had egg salad sandwiches for lunch, very appropriate,
I thought.  Then we got down to business.

Brad and Jaryd were taking their designs seriously.
We all had up to 6 eggs each to decorate,
but had to choose only one to enter in the
contest.

Here I am concentrating on one of my eggs.

Even little Asher got in on the fun. He didn't
color any eggs, but he sure liked eating them.

Kelsie lettered the eggs for my title for the contest.

Here are all the eggs we colored.

Jaryd's 
"He's got the whole world in his hand"
30 votes

Brad's
"Clawing his way out!"
9 votes

Dave's
"I'd rather nap."
17 votes but 10 were laughing, so technically
he got 7 votes.

Kelsie's
"Shoot for the stars"
45 votes

Kristie's
"You crack me up"
27 votes

Marie's (3 yr's old)
"Amazing egg of many colors"
48 votes

Sara's
"Crackodile"
15 votes

Zoe's
"Love you a Minion"
17 votes
I posted the pictures on Facebook for our family and friends to vote
for their favorites for a whole week.
The voting was brisk and the winner is
3 yr old Marie with 
Amazing Egg of Many Colors
with 48 votes.
Marie now has bragging rights until next Easter.
We have so much fun doing this every year.
Not only the contest, but the being together and
decorating, looking up ideas and being amazed at some of the ideas
that everyone comes up with.

Thanks for stopping by, 
I hope you have enjoyed your time here.
Do you have any kind of Easter tradition with 
egg coloring or anything else for that matter?
I hope you'll come again soon.
Until then,
Happy Easter
and enjoy some eggs!


 

No comments: