My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Sunday, April 23, 2023

Sensory Toy

Hi everyone!
I hope you are having a lovely day.
Thanks for stopping by.
Today I have a little gift I made for my grandson, Asher.
Sara sent me a picture of something similar and said
she thought I could easily make one.  So I did and it went
into his Easter "basket"
I actually made 2 of these, so he'd have one here and one
at home.
This is a simple thing to make and a great sensory 
toy for little ones.
I used fleece and ribbons from my stash and inside I
use a cleaned and cut up potato chip bag to give it
a crinkle factor.
If you make something like this, think about how it
needs to be sewn, my first one, I screwed up a couple
things and had to redo them.
Sorry I didn't take pictures of the process.
Just remember:
Lay fabric right side up,
place ribbons facing the center of the 
square of fabric,
then the other fabric right side down,
and then the chip bag.
Sew together,
leaving a space to turn it right side out.
When you turn right side out, the ribbons will be 
out the sides and the chip bag will be inside.
Sew the edge that was left open.
I used fleece which is very soft and double
sided, making it easier to put together, since there is
no right and wrong side to the fabric.
Be sure to use lots of different textures and 
colors for the ribbons.
This can simply be thrown into the laundry when
it needs to be washed.

I'm glad you stopped in today and
I hope you have been inspired in some way.
Come again soon,
you never know what you'll see at 
Kristie Kreates.



 

No comments: