My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Play Dough

Hello crafty friends!
Marie loves to play with play dough,
what kid doesn't?
Ours was getting pretty old and needed to
be replaced.  So Marie and I decided to make some.
G-Ma made a mistake with the recipe and 
added too much water, so had to add more of 
everything else and make a double batch, so now
we are well supplied.
We made 5 different colors, she told me which
colors to make.  I have to say, it's hard to get a nice
purple, but she doesn't mine, to her it's purple and that's
all that counts.
As soon as I got a color made, Marie started playing with
it and had a lot of fun, as she always does.
We store it in air tight containers and it lasts a
long time, several months.

Here is the recipe that I use if you are interested in 
making some.  It's very simple and lasts a long time.
Play Dough
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup salt
1 teaspoon alum
1 3/4 cups boiling water
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
food coloring 
Boil water, add the oil and food coloring
(I wait to add the food coloring, because I split it into several colors)
Combine the dry ingredients and add to the liquids.
Knead the dough on a floured surface.
(be careful it's hot, too hot for little hands)
After it is well combined I split into
balls and add the food coloring.
Knead until well combined.
No need to refrigerate,
store in an air tight container.

Thanks for stopping by today,
I hope you have learned something and been inspired
in some way.
Come again soon.
until then,
play with a little human.


 

No comments: