My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Saturday, April 15, 2023

Spin Painting

Hello and welcome!
Today I'm sharing some crafty fun I had with 
Marie.
I recently saw someone post this salad spinner on
my Buy Nothing group and was fortunate to
receive it.  I've been wanting to give this a try, 
but didn't want to spend the money on a new salad spinner.
Marie was very intrigued with what we were going to
do with it.
I cut card stock into card sized pieces and
taped them into the bottom of the spinner.
She then chose 2 or 3 colors of craft paint
and squirted them onto the card stock.
We put the top on the spinner and turned 
the handle and gave it a good spin.
When we opened the spinner, we had a pretty
cool abstract design.
This one she chose purple and orange,
as they are Auntie Kelsie and Uncle Brad's
favorite colors.
We tried several different color combinations.
We got lots of different results, but loved them all.
This one and the one below were the first couple
we tried, but we didn't tape them down.
The card stock "flew" around the spinner
and had a totally different look.

This was our first one that we taped down,
I wasn't thinking and put the tape on the sides
of the card stock.  You can see where I pulled the
tape off.  After that we put the tape on the bottom
of the card stock.
All in all we made 8 different spin paint backgrounds.
These are the cards I put together for her to give as 
Valentine's cards.  She's a bit too young to 
cut them etc. but she picked what pieces she wanted
for everyone.
This one was for Auntie Kelsie and Uncle Brad.
This one was for Mommy.
This one was for Daddy.
She was very excited to be able to give
them all cards along with the 
brownies that we made together that
afternoon.  She loves baking and doing
"arts and crafts" and making
things for those she loves.
Of course, they all loved what she had to give them.
This is definitely a craft we'll be doing again.

I'm glad you stopped in today for a look see.
I hope you have been inspired in some way and
maybe will give this spin painting a try.
You never know what designs you'll create.
Come again soon.
Until then,
give it a spin!







 

No comments: