My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Thursday, April 27, 2023

Journal for Jaryd

Hello!
Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you are
having lovely weather where you are.
Today I have a journal to show you.
My son, Jaryd, said he could use one for work.
He's a boiler tech and works on industrial heating.
He often has to write down specifications and parts that
are needed either for a job, or to restock his truck.
Sometimes, Jaryd can be absent minded and writes things
down and then misplaces the notes.
Thus the need for the journal, this way it is not
just jotted down on a piece of scrap paper.
He will have the information and can refer back to it.
He gets very dirty at his job, so wanted something
that could easily be wiped clean and would be durable.
I got a piece of sticky backed wall paper from 
The Dollar Tree.  It's self sticking, durable and 
has a kind of plasticized feel and can be easily cleaned.
I made the cover with chip board and covered it with the
wall paper.
Inside I hand stitched all the signatures and stitched them
into the spine of the book.
Inside the cover I used some coordinating card stock,
then made a "belly band" covered with more of the 
wall paper.  This was used to hold a note pad
that I also made from scrap papers.
This pad can be removed and replaced when it runs out
of paper, as it just slips over the band behind it.
Inside the back cover I made a corner pocket,
with a small gusset, to give a little extra room for
notes, business cards, etc that he may want to keep.
I was very happy with how this journal turned out
and so was Jaryd.  I think it will last him a good long time.

I love making things for others and sharing them with
y'all.  I hope you've been inspired in some way and
maybe you'll make something for someone soon.
Hope to see you again very soon.
Until then,
enjoy the journey. 



 

No comments: