My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Monday, April 3, 2023

Salted Caramel Sauce and Fresh Bread

Hi everyone!
Today is a little different post.
Every week I host a family dinner and have
my kids over.
For their birthday's they tell me what they want,
entree, sides and dessert.
For my daughter, Kelsie's, birthday, she chose 
apple crisp with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce
for her dessert.
I have to say I do make a delicious caramel sauce.
I found the recipe here and it's soooo good!
It starts out with just sugar in a pan on  medium heat.
Gradually it begins to melt, but you do have to 
stir it constantly.
It can be very clumpy, but it gradually gets smoother.
The color gets a nice caramel color as the sugar 
dissolves.
Eventually, you have nice smooth melted sugar.
Be sure to stir constantly, so it doesn't burn.
Yes, your arm may get a little tired.
Then the butter is added, be careful, it bubbles up
very quickly and may spatter.
Stir it until all the butter is melted.
Then you add the cream.
Keep stirring.
Then it has to boil for a minute.
Mix in the salt and you have a delicious 
Salted Caramel Sauce.
Now keep in mind that I made a triple batch.
I used some for family dinner, gave some to the kids
and will freeze the rest.
It doesn't freeze hard, so you can take a bit out
at a time and heat it up in the microwave.
I also made some nice fresh baked bread for dinner.
I've been really getting into bread baking lately
and the kids love when I make it for them.
These little loaves are great for gifting and
for when you just want a little bit of bread
and butter.
With these goodies, we also had
what I call Mayo Chicken,
skin on mashed potatoes, scalloped pineapple
and peas. 
Everything for Kelsie's dinner was a big hit,
now to think of what to make for the
next dinner.

Thanks for stopping by today,
I hope you have enjoyed your time with me
and have been inspired in some way.
See you next time,
until then,
try a new recipe!



 

No comments: