My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Friday, May 5, 2023

Bread Art

Welcome!
Today I have something a little different to share.
I've found that I love baking bread and have 
really gotten into it recently.
I have discovered what I'm going to call
bread art and I'm enjoying it.
Here is my bread all nice and risen in my
benneton.
Once it had risen I shaped my loaves.
On large round loaf,
and a few small ones.
Using a sharp knife I cut designs into the 
risen bread before putting into the oven 
for it's final bake.
Here is the final result.
This was my first try at putting a design into 
my bread, so I only did something very simple.
No matter the design, it was very tasty bread.
Here is my second try.
I bought a "hand crafting bread knife"
and tried it out with these 2 loaves.
The knife is simply a handle that a razor blade
fits into.
I will definitely give some fancier designs a 
try as I learn more about this craft.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have been
inspired in some way today.
I hope you will come again soon,
until then,
bake something just for the fun of it.



 

No comments: