My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Embossing 2 ways

Hello and welcome!
Today I have a couple cards to show you.
They were both made with the same embossing folder
using 2 different techniques.
This first one, I simply embossed a piece of 
white card stock with the embossing folder,
added a little bird that I cut out free hand
and layered it onto black card stock.
Then added it to a white card base.
Very clean and simple.
For this second card, I used the same folder.
I inked up the raised side of the folder and
ran it through my Cuttlebug with white card stock.
By inking up the raised design, you get a letterpress look
with the ink going into the embossed areas.
If you want the background to be colored and the impression
white, do the opposite and ink up the smooth side
where there is an impression in the folder.
I again made this a very clean and simple card.
I do love experimenting with embossing folders
and different inks and colors.  Sometimes to get a subtle
look you need to run it through with one piece of card stock
then again with another piece without reinking the folder.
Play with it and see what you can come up with.

Thanks for stopping by today.
 I hope you have been inspired in some way.
Come again soon,
until then,
play with ink.



 

No comments: