My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Snowman card and ornament

Hello all!
Last Sunday we had our Christmas Crop at My Happy Place and I wanted to share a simple project with the gals at the crop.
Today I'm showing you what we made.

For my card I used the "Skinny Snowman" (#13813) from QKR Stampede.
I love this little guy.  I stamped him onto watercolor paper and colored him with watercolor crayons.

The snowflakes were punched out of silver paper with a Creative Memories punch.
On the inside of the card I adhered more of the snowflakes and a little fold out embellishment.
This is one of the ways that the little project that we made at My Happy Place can be used.

Below is the ornament that we made at the crop.  They are simple and quick and can be made with any symetrical shape.

We made a pretty basic version of this ornament, I didn't want to take too much time away from everyones scrapping.  I just wanted them to learn how to make them and they could take it from there.
A couple of the ladies used some glitter to bling up their ornaments and I hear that one of them has been making these type of ornaments with a Christmas tree cutout. 
They are fun and are simple enough for kids to do too.
If you would like to know how they are made, let me know in the comments with a way to contact you or send an e-mail out to me and I will get some instructions to you.

These can also be used as cute gift toppers, just like it was put into the card, they can be adhered to the top of a gift.

Thanks for stopping by today, let me know what you think of this little project.

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

No comments: