My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Friday, April 12, 2013

I cherish our friendship

Hello!
I made this card a while ago and never shared it.
It is made with
"Lg Best Friends Sitting" (#5906) and
"I cherish" (digi#24605)
both from Eureka! Stamps
 
The friends were stamped onto white card stock
and colored with water color crayons.
 Then fussy cut and adhered to the blue background paper.

I simply printed the sentiment, trimmed it and adhered it to the inside of the card.
I thought this card was particularly appropriate as tomorrow
April 13th is Krop 4 Kids 2013.
This is a big fundraiser for a couple fabulous causes.
We will be having a 12 hr scrapbooking event to raise money to support
The NICU Parent Scrapbooking Group
at Mercy Children's Hospital in Toledo, Ohio.
This group was started and run by my good friend, Mary.
It is a totally self funded group, no monies come from the hospital and the families of the babies in the NICU are able to scrapbook their baby's journey through the NICU at no cost.
The other cause we support is a new one.
It is the John T. Schaeufele Asthma Camp Scholarship Fund
John was Mary's husband, we lost him October 19, 2011.
This scholarship fund helps to send children with asthma to camp.
Camp Michi-Mac gives these children a chance to experience camp as any other child does.  They provide doctors, nurses, respiratory therapist, pharmacists and more to help these children learn about and control their asthma.
Half our proceeds will go to the NICU group and half to
 John's Scholarship Fund. 
 
Mary and I met online on a scrapbooking board several years ago.
The first year that they had Krop 4 Kids, my daughter, Kelsie, and I attended as scrapbookers.  That was in 2007.
The next year, I was asked to join the committee and I've been on ever since and Mary and I have become like sisters.
I value her friendship and that of the other gals on the K4K committee.
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  If you have any questions about our fundraiser or would be interested in attending our next event, please don't hesitate to ask.
 
Until next time, Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

Larelyn said...

Hi Kristie,
I love this image - just so adorable. Come on over to My Paper Crafting and link up with us. It's such a great card.
Hugs,
Larelyn