My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Sadly another sympathy card

We got word that a very special lady had
passed away.
She and her sister are very loyal customers of
my husbands and we have come to be friends with
these sisters.
Wendy was diagnosed with cancer only a matter
of a few weeks ago, it took over very quickly.
I wanted to make a card for Donna, the other sister,
and this is what I made.
I love how this card turned out.
I heat embossed the rose with silver embossing
powder, then covered it with a mask.
I made the mask by stamping the same image onto 
a piece of white card stock and fussy cutting it.
After covering the rose with the mask,
I used Peacock Feathers and Broken China
Distress Inks and blending tools to 
ink over the entire area.
Removing the mask revealed the rose image
that I think turned out beautifully.
The background is silver vellum.
Adding that bit of ribbon, finished the card off
nicely.
I know Donna will appreciate this card and
our thoughts and prayers are with her.

Thanks for stopping by today.
Come again soon.

1 comment:

Lisadwb said...

Beautiful card, Kristie!! I always struggle with sympathy cards, you make it look so easy!