My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Friday, July 29, 2016

Sympathy Card

Today I have a sympathy card to show you.
I used a very light purplish color of card stock
for the front panel.
I inked up an embossing folder with purple ink
and ran it through my Cuttlebug with the card stock.
The ink enhanced the embossing.
The flowers and leaves were made with a pretty old
layered stamp set from Stampin Up.
I hadn't used the set before as I didn't have a clue
how I would line the layers up and get it right.
With the MISTI stamping tool, it was much easier,
but I also have to say it would have been even easier 
if the stamps had been clear acrylic rather than red rubber.
I used only one color of ink on the flowers and the leaves.
Using multi layers of the same color just intensifies the color
and gives the look of having different colors.
I fussy cut the flowers and leaves and adhered them to the
embossed panel.  One flower is adhered directly to the panel
and one was adhered with foam tape.
Here is the final card.
The sentiment was printed from my computer and 
trimmed down, adhered to a piece of the same purplish 
card stock and trimmed with a very narrow mat.
Here is a close up of the embossing and the dimension
of the flower.
I sometimes struggle with sympathy cards, as many do.
I know the family receiving this card will appreciate it.

Thanks for stopping by today,
I hope you'll come by again soon.
Until then, create something wonderful!

No comments: