My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Sunday, June 11, 2017

Not Just Cards Challenge June

Hi all you friends from blogland!
Today I've got an announcement,
I have been accepted to a design team and I'm 
pretty excited.
It's the team for the
Each month on the 11th of the month, a new challenge is
posted along with inspiration from our design team.
Every month there is a sponsor as well as a theme
and sometimes there are some cool prizes.  
Be sure to check out the NJC blog and participate in the challenge.
This month our sponsor is 
I worked with
One of the nice things about digital stamps is that you download them
to your computer and you can size them to the size you want to use. 
I decided that I wanted to do a scrapbook layout with my images, so I made them
 fairly large, each of the girls measures about 5.5" tall.
I printed the images onto white card stock,
colored them with my Fantasia colored pencils
and fussy cut them.
I started my pages with white card stock.
I used a Stormy Sky and Broken China Distress Inks
too create the sky and water.
For the sand, I tore some light brown marbled card stock so there
would be a straight "shoreline" yet still have a little bit of a rough edge.
I used a Perfect Medium ink pad and swiped it in different
areas of the water and sand, then brushed Perfect Pearls Powder 
onto the water and sand.  That is what gives it the shine.
For the sun I cut a mask, applied it before I inked the sky,
then after I had the sky done, I removed the mask and used 
scrap card stock to ink the rays with Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink.
The little girls were adhered to the page with foam tape to give a little dimension
to the page.
The photo mats were made from some card stock that I had in my 
stash
The title was stamped with VersaFine Onyx Black ink and
a set of alpha stamps that I have in my stash.
I have no idea what company they are from.

Since there were 3 little girls in the image and I only used 2 on the 
layout, I made a card with the 3rd one.
I used some coordinating paper from my stash
and added the little girl with some foam tape.
I used a little Glossy Accents to give the center of the
flower a little shine.
Inside I stamped a sentiment from the
CAS-ual Fridays Stamps
with Wilted Violet Distress Ink
onto white card stock, cut it down and
adhered it to a mat that matches the outside mat of the card.

Thanks for stopping by today,
I hope you'll pop over to the
Not Just Cards Challenge Blog
and see the inspiration from the other 
design team member and give the challenge a try.
I really enjoyed working with this 
check out  All Dressed Up too, they may have something
you need to have.
Until next time,
have fun creating.



Note the links are only to give a reference so you can
see what the products are.
I didn't necessarily purchase from these sites,
except where specified,
and you may find better prices elsewhere,
I am in no way promoting any particular site.




No comments: