My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Saturday, June 17, 2017

Tulle shaker card

Hello blog friends!
Today I have a card that was inspired by Jennifer McGuire.
Yes!  Her again, she is one of my biggest inspirations.
I never thought about using tulle on a card before, especially
not to make a shaker card.  But it really does work very well.
I started by stamping the flowers from
onto white card stock and colored them with my 
then fussy cut them.
Since I was using tulle in this way, I wanted to put the 
flowers on the inside of the card so the back of the ones on the front
wouldn't show.
I had to have a "mirrored" image of the flowers to do this.
I stamped the image onto a piece of acrylic with VersaFine ink.
I then carefully took the piece of acrylic and turned it over and 
laid it down onto the piece of white card stock, 
leaving a reversed image.
It didn't turn out as clear and crisp as the regular stamping did,
but it was good enough to work with.  I went over the outlines with 
black pen, once I had the image colored.
I fussy cut the parts I needed to cover the backs of the flowers,
I didn't do a perfect job, but I think for my first time trying this,
I did pretty well.
Here is the inside of the card.  
I found it very easy to make this type of shaker card using tulle.
Watch Jennifer McGuire's video and I'm sure you'll find it's pretty easy too.
Here is what I thought was the finished card, 
now looking at it, I thought it needed something more.
I added dash lines around the outer edge of the card with
a black pen and I think that makes a lot of difference.
Here is the final result.  I think it really needed that
bit of black around the edge.
What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by today,
I'm so glad you did.
Until next time,
try something new and outside the box!




Note the links are only to give a reference so you can
see what the products are.
I didn't necessarily purchase from these sites,
except where specified,
and you may find better prices elsewhere,
I am in no way promoting any particular site.


No comments: