My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Friday, August 25, 2017

Anniversary cards

Hello blog fans!
Today I have a couple Anniversary cards to show you.
My friend Emma and her husband just celebrated their
50th wedding anniversary.
I was invited to a party for them, but I couldn't attend.
I couldn't let their party go by without making a card for them.
I made 2 cards and now have one in reserve for the next time
I need one.
This is the card I sent them.
I'm sorry it doesn't show up better, but it turned out 
really pretty.  For the hearts I cut out a heart shape from a piece 
of card stock, placed it onto white card stock and smooched
over it with VersaMark ink, covered it with silver embossing powder
and heated it with my heat gun until melted.  I made 2 hearts this way
and fussy cut them and adhered them to the background with foam tape.
The Happy Anniversary sentiment is from Eureka Stamps.
I stamped it onto silver vellum and heat embossed it with 
silver embossing powder.
After wrapping it around the background panel, I adhered the panel 
to a white card base.
Inside I wrote a personal note to Emma and Charles.
This is the other card that I made.
I ran a piece of white card stock through my Cuttlebug
in an embossing folder and embossed tiny hearts covering the 
panel.  I cut out a heart from a piece of card stock and used it as 
a stencil and "colored" the heart using Nuvo Mousse in gold.
To see this technique watch this video that my friend
Marleen made.
The sentiment strip was made the same way as the one above,
I added strips of silver vellum at the top and bottom of the
embossed panel and adhered it to the white card base with
foam tape.

Thanks for stopping in today, come again soon,
you never know what you'll find on 
Kristie Kreates!





Note the links are only to give a reference so you can
see what the products are.
I didn't necessarily purchase from these sites,
except where specified,
and you may find better prices elsewhere,
I am in no way promoting any particular site.


No comments: