My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Saturday, January 19, 2019

Caring Hearts Card Drive

Hi craft lovers.
I know I'm really late with this post,
I started it a long time ago and just found it
not finished.  Every year I make cards and deliver them
This card drive is near and dear to my heart.
Card makers from all over the world make cards and
donate them to be sent to residents of nursing facilities.
My Mom was in an assisted living home for almost 5 years
and many of the residents in nursing homes and other care facilities
don't receive cards or even visitors at Christmas time.
These cards are collected and then sent out to people, like me,
who have a connection to the nursing facilities to be distributed
to the residents. I delivered to 6 different homes this year.
Between myself and the ladies I craft with, we donated over
250 cards to the drive.
I know the people at Sacred Heart Adult Home, where 
Mom lived, love receiving these cards. They would all
be excited to compare where their cards came from.
This card drive is held every year and usually starts 
around the beginning of October and runs through 
mid November.  I try to remember to post about it, when it
starts.  If you are interested in donating, watch for my post
about it in the fall.
Here are the card styles that I made this year.
Snow flakes embossed with silver embossing powder.
This card is an interactive card.
Pull the tab and an sentiment is revealed.
This card is a tri-fold card,
I made this with several different patterned papers.

Thanks for stopping in today.
I hope when the time comes next year, you may 
join in the fun and make some cards for this card drive.
I try to make some here and there through out the year,
so I'll have them when it's time for the drive.
Until next time,
crafty something fun!

No comments: