My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Monday, January 13, 2020

Christmas Day Ornaments

Hello!  Welcome to Kristie Kreates!
The last few years I've hosted Christmas dinner
for my immediate family and have a tradition
that I make an ornament for each person that
comes to dinner.
This year we changed to brunch at
Jaryd and Sara's, but I continued my tradition 
of ornaments.
I picked up a puzzle at the Dollar Tree that
had larger pieces.
I peeled the picture off the pieces of the puzzle.
I put the puzzle back together and used
Gel Medium to "glue" a napkin to one side
of the puzzle.
To do this, I took the napkin apart, it was a 3 ply
napkin, I simply peeled off the top layer with the
picture on it.
I made sure it was flat on the puzzle and 
added another layer of the Gel Medium to seal it.
Using a sharp blade, I carefully cut the pieces apart.
On the back of the pieces I used
and wrote each persons name on the back
along with the year, using a Sharpie.
I punched a hole in each piece and added a
ribbon for hanging.
When I gave these out, I explained that the group of us
are just like this puzzle and we fit together to make
a whole as a family.
Every person is an important part of that puzzle.
I was  very happy with the way these turned out
and hopefully everyone will hang them on their trees for
years to come.

Thanks for stopping by today,
I hope you have been inspired in some way
and will come again soon.
Until next time,
enjoy all the pieces of your puzzle!





Note the links are only to give a reference so you can
see what the products are.
I didn't necessarily purchase from these sites,
except where specified,
and you may find better prices elsewhere,
I am in no way promoting any particular site.



No comments: