My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Monday, February 8, 2021

BIG Fail!

Good day crafters!
Today I have a BIG FAIL to show you.
I had seen a picture of the cutest cupcake hat that
I wanted to make for Marie, so I went and found a couple
patterns.  One was knitting and one was crocheting.
I decided to make the knitted one since I had this fluffy 
yarn and I find it much easier to knit with it.
The pattern was awful, the instructions were kind of vague,
but I tried it anyway.  All was going okay, since I could figure out
what to do, until the end.
I followed what she told me to do, then had to sew it together,
which was a part that she never said to do along with a 
couple other things she left out.
I don't know what the heck happened, but this is how it
turned out.  Guess there was something that was either,
left out, written wrong or I misunderstood.
This gave me a real laugh.
I showed it to Jaryd and told him, I wouldn't
ask him to have Marie wear it or it would cause
her to need counseling when she got older.
Then I made the crochet one with some other yarn
and that one turned out about the size for a newborn.
What is it with the cupcake hats?
Maybe she's not meant to have one,
but I'm determined to figure it out and make one for
her.  So one day (hopefully) I'll be posting a picture of
her in an adorable hat.

Thanks for stopping by today,
I hope you got a little giggle from this post.
If you have a good pattern for a cupcake hat that
you know is a good one, let me know in the comments.
Until next time,
find something to laugh about.

 

No comments: