My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Monday, February 22, 2021

Head Warmer for Marie

Hello!
How are you doing with the weather near you?
Pretty darn cold lately here in Western NY,
but I'm not going out much these days,
so I don't have to deal with it too much.
But our Marie comes to visit and when she does
she needs to be warm.
I decided to use some of my left over yarn
to make a head warmer for her.
It was simple enough, just crocheted 
a band and sewed it together.
For the flower, I did a chain  stitches, then 
did single crochet, double crochet, single crochet
into each stitch.  This causes the strand
to curl a bit.  I just curled it around on itself
to form a flower and sewed it to the band.
I don't know if that makes any sense at all
to y'all.  I just flew by the seat of my pants
and made it up as I went.
I think it turned out pretty cute.
Or maybe it's just that she makes it 
look cute.
I'm pretty happy with how it turned out and
she seems to like it too.

Thanks for stopping by today,
I hope you've been inspired in some way
and will come again soon.
Until then,
fly by the seat of your pants and
see what you can create.

 

No comments: