My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Friday, February 26, 2021

What Can You Make From an Old Fence?

Hello fans!
Today I have something very different for you.
Not something I made, but what my brother, Kevin,
has been up to.
A couple summers ago, my brother and sister in law,
replaced their fence in the back yard.
Kevin decided to keep some of the old wood instead of trashing it.
My sis in law wasn't thrilled with that, thinking
it would sit for years and have nothing done with it.
Then Kevin retired and he needed a hobby,
so he went down and started working with some wood
in his basement.
Turns out he's pretty talented with it
This is a little bit of the wood he kept from the fence.
Not so pretty, eh?
But he worked with it and it's amazing what he did.
One day last summer I was visiting and he showed me a 
table he had made.  It was absolutely beautiful.
Just before Christmas he called and wanted to stop by,
saying he had something that belonged to me.
We had all been quarantining, so I was surprised that he was
stopping by.  I was working on some Christmas gifts when my
hubby called me and said to come up to see Kevin.
And there sat what you see below.  A beautiful table that
he made for me.  I was sworn to secrecy as he was making one
for our older brother also, but didn't have it finished yet.
Is this just beautiful or what?
And this picture doesn't do it justice either.
It now resides in our spare sitting room/bedroom where
I can see it every time I'm in the upstairs hall.
He also made boxes for his 3 grandchildren for Christmas,
although I don't have pictures of them.
But he did send me these other pictures.
His daughter in law, Vicki, said she'd like a jewelry box
so this is what he made for her.
He even did a tray for inside and flocked it.
Didn't he do a beautiful job.
Talent that I never knew my brother had.
Now I can't wait to see the table he has made
for my older brother, I have no doubt that it
will be just beautiful.
Kim and Sue are going to be so surprised and
happy when he gives it to them.
Well, but the time I post this, they will have it
as I said, I'm sworn to secrecy, so this post will
have to wait till I hear that he's given it to them.

Thanks for stopping by today,
so happy that you decided to spend some time with me.
Isn't it amazing what can be done with some old 
wood that could have just been tossed in the garbage?

I hope you'll come again soon.
Until then,
take a look at some of the old
"stuff" you have around and see what you can
create with it.



 

No comments: