My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Sunday, February 14, 2021

Velentine's Gifts for Marie

Happy Valentine's Day!
Today I have for you the gifts I made for Marie.
Sara saw this head warmer and thought she should have
it for Marie, so of course I made it for her.
I gave this to her a bit early so she could wear it 
around Valentine's Day.
I guess it could be worn on any cold day though,
couldn't it?
She looks adorable in it, but as I'm writing this, I 
don't have a picture of her in it.
I also made her this sweater.
I had seen the pattern and loved it, so I adapted it
to the yarn I had.  The pattern called for a bulky
yarn, but what I wanted to use was a much lighter
weight yarn.  So I just went for it and flew by the seat
of my pants and it turned out great.
This yarn is so soft, I'd like to have a sweater of my own
made from it.  Who knows, maybe I'll make one for me.
This is a pretty simple sweater to make as it's knitted
all in one piece and there is very little sewing together to do.
You can find this
It's a kimono style and ties inside on the one side and 
the outside on the other.
I think it's a little big for her right now, 
but should fit her very soon.
Hopefully she will be able to wear it in the spring.

Thanks for stopping in to see what I've been up to.
I hope you found some inspiration here and 
will give something new a try.
Until next time,
craft on!

 

No comments: