My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Thursday, February 18, 2021

Planner Journal

Hello craft fans!
Today I have a couple 
"Planner Journals" 
to show you.
I have a couple very special friends that I
craft and manage a scrapbooking and crafting 
space with.  I wanted to make them a little something
and this is what I came up with.
I designed them myself, but there are lots of
videos out there showing different ways to make
any number of styles of journals and books.
If you're interested you might want to look up
or just search for book or journal making on YouTube.
These are just a few of the people I follow on 
YouTube and have learned a lot from.
For the cover of this book I used an embossed paper,
it's a metallic looking paper and I just love it.
I wish I knew where I got it, but I don't have a clue.
I've had it in my stash for quite a while and finally found
the perfect project to use it.
For the closure, I uses buttons and embroidery floss.
 I used paper from my stash to line the inside of
the cover.
I printed off a calendar then created a cover
for it and adhered it to the left side.
The calendar is being held in with a "belly band"
so a new calendar can be put in next year.
The cover for the calendar was made with some
eco-print paper that I made last summer.
I used a button from my button collection for a closure.
In the center is a pocket, again made with eco-print paper
that I made.
On the right side, I made a small book for notes.
I lined the inside of the book with some beautiful
scrapbooking paper.  The signature is held in with an elastic
band, so the pages can be removed and more put in.
The second planner journal was made in the same style, but
with different papers.  The cover is again a paper that I've
had in my stash waiting for the perfect project.
The same style as the other one was used through out the book.
Similar, but different.
Different eco-print papers were used.
And different papers to line the cover.
I tried to coordinate the papers for the covers and pocket.
I love them all.
And finally, the cover for the note book.
I'm so pleased with how these turned out and 
hope my friends will love them too.

Thanks for stopping in today,
I appreciate your time and hope you enjoyed this post.
Have you made any journals/books/planners?
I hope you will give it a try, there are so many possibilities.
It's only limited to your creativity.

Come again soon,
until then,
give book making a try.










No comments: