My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Saturday, December 18, 2021

Eco print cards

Good day friends!
A few weeks ago, I suddenly had a desire to do some
eco-printing.  I saw the beautiful leaves that were falling
and wondered how they would work on some prints.
So I gathered up some leaves from the ground and some 
that hadn't fallen yet and set myself to work.
Here are a few that I did with some leaves from our
"burning bush" that gets bright red leaves in the fall.
I laid the leaves on a piece of card stock,
laid another piece of card stock over it and 
ran them through my Cuttlebug.
This is what I got and I just love how they turned
out.
I thought I may as well experiment a little more,
so I put another piece of card stock over the leaves 
and ran it through again.
This more muted piece is what I got from the second pass.
Here are the cards I made with those first 
prints.  Just trimmed them to size,
adhered to some colored card stock and
then onto a card base.
This was just the start of the prints I made with leaves and
some flowers that were still hanging around, but
I haven't had time to make anything with the other
prints.  I'll show those in another post.
But I did learn that even though the leaves have fallen
from the trees, as long as they aren't dried and brittle,
they are worth give a try running through
the cuttlebug.
I found some just didn't work as well, some gave
very strong colors and some were more muted.
You just have to give them a try, it's surprising the colors
you may get.

Thanks for stopping by today,
I appreciate that you spend time here.
Come again soon,
until then,
try some eco-printing.
Use leaves, flowers, grass whatever you can
find in nature that will go through your machine.





 

No comments: