My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Tuesday, December 14, 2021

My Christmas Cards

Hello everyone!
Today I'd like to show you my Christmas cards.
I was having a difficult time figuring out what to 
do for my Christmas cards this year.
Nothing seemed to be clicking,
then, as often happens, an idea struck.
And what a messy idea it was!
I had seen the Altenew Burlap Texture Die on
several videos and finally picked it up.
I decided on a design and got to work.
What a mess I made, but it was so worth it!
I used an embossing folder from my stash
and embossed the backgrounds.
Then I found a tree in my library of my 
Silhouette Design Studio software and
cut them out with my Silhouette Cameo.
I used glitter card stock for the trees, but the glitter
doesn't show up well in the pictures.
Once I had all the pieces ready, I 
assembled the cards.
Gluing down that burlap piece was a little
tricky, then I got the idea to brush the back
with glue and a foam brush and it worked
like a charm.
I used the scraps of the gold vellum from the
burlap pieces to punch out the stars, glued them
on and the card fronts were done.
Inside I stamped this sentiment
Now my cards were finished!
I love how they turned out, 
a little different than anything I've done 
before, yet they are still 
"really me"

Thanks for stopping in today.
I hope you have your cards all made and mailed out.
By the time this is posted hopefully mine will be too.
Please come to visit again,
until then
make your holiday season a happy one.








                                      Note the links are only to give a reference so you can
see what the products are.
I didn't necessarily purchase from these sites,
except where specified,
and you may find better prices elsewhere,
I am in no way promoting any particular site.

No comments: