My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Monday, March 28, 2022

Creating with Marie

Hello crafters!
Of course I'm a big supporter of arts and crafts 
for children.  This little one is my granddaughter, Marie
and at this writing she is 2 yrs and 4 months old,
but she is already very crafty.
Last week I was lucky enough to have her 
to myself for the whole day.
I wanted to do a project with her,
so I cut an egg carton in half and pulled out
the paints.
She was happy to be able to paint and do crafts
with G-Ma.
I covered her tray and a plate with plastic wrap,
this sure helps with the clean up.
She got to choose the colors and chose
a light and dark blue and black.
Then she got to work making her 
caterpillar.
She took it very seriously and wanted
to do a nice job, which of course she did
and got high praise from G-Ma.
Spreading the paint over the entire plate
was also very nicely done.
A little bit of paint on the face never hurt either.
After her nap, she picked some eyes from my stash and
we glued them on and drew a smile with a crayon together.
We talked about the fact that a caterpillar makes it's own 
house, called a chrysalis and grows into a beautiful
butterfly.
She was very excited to show Mommy and Daddy
what we made together.
Maybe next time we'll make some butterflies. 

Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you'll come again
soon.  Until then,
craft with a child.







 

No comments: