My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Thursday, March 17, 2022

Tags

Hello crafters!
A couple weeks ago, I wanted to do something
a little different and thought I'd try some 
tags.  I just pulled out a tag and started playing around
with what I had close by.
I tore a page from an old book and stuck some of
that down then covered it with some vellum.
Then I pulled out some glitter paste and colored it with
some Distress Ink and applied it here and there over a 
stencil that was close by.
I liked how it was going and found the stamped flowers
in my stash of scraps and stuff, I fussy cut it and added that.
I finished it off with the little "discover" tag and some
stick on bling.
I like how this turned out, I'm not sure if I'll use it on a gift
or if I might add it to a card base.
Then I went in a totally different direction.
I pulled out a piece from my backgrounds stash
and adhered them to the tag in opposite corners and trimmed them
out.  I then added some foil tape and sequins.
It needed something more and I added the little beads in the center
of the sequins.  Now just a little bit more and I'd be done.
I stuck some foil tape to a piece of card stock and punched out the
little hearts.  They added just the right touch and my tag was finished.
This was a good exercise in creativity for me.
It made me think out side the box and come up with
something totally different than my usual style.
I definitely enjoyed making these tags and love
how they turned out.

I'm glad you stopped to spend a little time with me
today and hope you'll come again soon.
Until then,
think outside the box, you might be surprised what
you come up with.

 

No comments: