My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Thursday, March 24, 2022

Journal and Note Pad

Welcome!
I'm glad you've stopped by today.
I have a hand made journal and note pad to show you today.
Our scrapbooking and crafting group at 
My Happy Place usually have a 
Christmas Crop every year.
This year, again we had to put it off, due to Covid.
But finally on March 5th a group of us got together
to have our Christmas Crop.
I decided to make my gifts for the exchange.
I love how these turned out!
I made them myself from the cover, to printing the pages
on different colors and weights of paper, to hand sewing the
signatures into the journal.
I really enjoyed the entire process.
I made the entire note pad also, including
cutting the paper and gluing it into a tear off
note pad.
Here you can see that I have different colors of paper
for the pages.
If you look closely you can see the hand 
stitching that holds each signature into the
book.

I put the notepad on a chipboard 
backing, so it could slide in under the
belly band.
This way the pad can be removed and a new one
put in, when this one is gone.
I loved making these gifts for the gift exchange and
hope the person that received it will enjoy using them.

I also made some Salted Caramel Sauce to go along with
these, but that's for another post some time.

I hope you have enjoyed this post and will come again soon.
If you are interested in learning more about making 
journals of different kinds, my favorite videos are
from Nik the Booksmith on YouTube.
Check her out, she is very knowledgeable and
does some great videos.
Until I see you again,
make a gift for someone!


 

No comments: