My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Sunday, July 16, 2023

Spin Painting Clean Up

Hello and welcome!  
Today I have a few cards to show you.
Back in April, I did some "spin painting" with 
Marie.  Once we were done, there was quite a bit of
paint in the inside of the salad spinner.
I let it dry and then peeled it off.
Me, being the crafty saver that I am, kept the pieces of 
peeled off paint.  I glued them to pieces of paper/card stock.
This week I decided to create from my stash and 
pulled them out.  Here are a few of the cards I made with
the spin painting clean up.
All these cards were pretty simple to make, since I pretty
much had the focal piece ready to go.
I mounted this piece onto pink, then a black mat and 
decided that a piece of hand made paper would be perfect
behind it.  Then onto a white card base and it's good to go.
With this one I decided on some bright colors to match
the paint colors.
I pulled some scraps from my stash, 
then mounted onto a card base.
I had the little sentiment stamp in my stash and have
no idea what company it's from.
Inside I use a sentiment from the same set of stamps, 
mounted on a piece of the purple mulberry paper.
This card is larger than the others, they are A2 size and
this one is a full sheet of card stock folded in half,
so it's 5.5" x 8.5"
It was the largest paint piece and I wanted to keep it
together, so larger card it was.
Simple card with a sentiment.
I think you can see the texture of the paint better in this
picture.  It had dripped down the side of the bowl and then
dried.
One more angle showing the texture.
I love this one.  To me it looks like a flying dragon.
Maybe you don't see that, but that's okay.
I love the drama of it being on black.
The orange at the top and bottom and that the sentiment
is mounted on are from my stash of alcohol ink backgrounds
that I have made.
I didn't put a sentiment inside these cards, except for the
Dream card.  I will either stamp them or write in them
when I decided to use them.

Thanks for stopping by today.
I hope you have been inspired in some way.
Come again soon.
Until then,
use something "different" for a card.

 

No comments: