My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Gifts

 Do y'all have "fake relatives"???  Well I do, quite a few of them in fact.  Fake relatives are those friends of the family that are too close to call Mr. or Mrs. yet they are older, so using first names just isn't right.  My parents had a lot of these kinds of friends, consequently I grew up with a lot of Aunts, Uncles and also cousins. 
My Mom had a friend who she was close to since high school, that was my Aunt Lou.  Now I have a great nephew named Anthony. Anthony is Aunt Lou's great grandson.   I know it doesn't make sense really, since he is my "cousin's" grandson, but it's the way we do things in my "family"
Anyway, today's projects were made for Anthony's Mom and Grandma as Christmas gifts.
A while ago, I found some little 6"x6" canvas' at Micheal's that were on clearance.  They were originally $1.00 and were marked 75% or 90% off, so were very inexpensive.  I bought a bunch of them, knowing that I would find a use for them.  That is what I used for the covers of these little albums. 
First I covered the canvas' with patterned paper, being sure it was secure with ATG Tape. 
Next I cut kraft card stock to 5.75" square.  I laid out brown satin ribbon from Stampin' Up, 2 pieces, each being about 24" long.  I then used ATG Tape to adhere the pages to the ribbon, leaving space between pages.  I then adhered the end pages to the insides of the covers and covered the backs of the other pages with more kraft card stock.  Once this was done, my little album was set to be decorated. 
 I used pictures that my son, Jaryd, took of Anthony at a picnic this summer. I matted the pictures, adhered them to the pages and embellished the pages with a variety of items, metal brads, buttons, rub ons, and flowers.
 For the fronts of the albums, I used a Junkitz Foam Stampz set.  I have had this set for quite a while and never used it, but boy do I love these stamps. These stamps are foam stamps mounted on acrylic slides, love them!
I stamped "Anthony" onto kraft card stock with brown StazOn ink the fussy cut them, layered them onto patterned paper that matched the cover and fussy cut them again. On one I layered them again onto kraft card stock, the other I just layered right onto the cover. Finally I added a elastic cord and bow to hold the album closed.
Both albums were made the same way, I just changed up a couple pictures and the embellishments.  I think they turned out pretty cute, I hope Mom and Grandma like them as much as I do.

Thanks for stopping by today to see my projects and thanks if you read all the way through this post.  I know it's a bit long. 
I hope you enjoyed my projects and may try making your own little album from some items you can alter like this.  

Leave me a comment and let me know what you think. Become a follower too!

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

Roxie said...

Nice gift Kristie, I know it'll be loved!

Larelyn said...

What a terrific little album. Really nice, I'm sure he'll love it.
Have a wonderful Christmas.
Hugs,
Larelyn

Thebug415 said...

This turned out sooo cute!