My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Gold card with ornaments

Hello crafty friends!  I hope your Christmas prep is coming along really well, it's pretty close to the big day now. 
Today I'm showing you a card that I made just a few nights ago.  More Christmas cards is the last thing I really need, but I found this paper and had to make something with it.

The front of the card is made with a piece of paper that I found in a little pack that I bought from someone selling Creative Memories. You can't see the color and the sheen on it very well in this picture, but it is a very pretty shimmery, metallic gold.  The ornaments are in red and gold.  I simply cut the paper to size and layered it onto red card stock, then onto a kraft card stock base.
On the inside I used another section of the same paper, again layered onto red card stock to give the inside a little extra pop.
The Happy Holidays is a clear sticker that I got in a pack that I bought at the Christmas Tree Shop.  These turned out to be a great buy, $.50/pkg and there are 8 stickers in the pack.  I'm not a huge fan of stickers, but these are really beautiful.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Leave me a comment and let me know what you think.

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

Tracey said...

I could see the shimmer in the photo's Kristie, they are both really pretty card. Sometimes a simple image is all thats needed. TFS :)