My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Monday, December 20, 2010

Inspired by Tim Holtz!!!

I don't know if y'all are familiar with Tim Holtz, but he is the crafting, inking, embossing, tag making guru of the world! And I just love that man!  Although his style is much different than anything I ever make, his techniques are amazing and can be used with just about any style.  For 12 days this month he hosted The 12 Tags of Christmas on his blog and each and every one was absolutely amazing!  I learned so much from just these 12 posts! 
Today's tag was inspired by one of his tags and a technique he used on it.
I started out by stamping Ice Skating (#7902) onto a piece of white card stock.  This adorable penguin is from QKR Stampede, you have seen him before on my blog and I'm sure you will probably see him again.  I love this image, soooooo cute!
Once he was stamped, I applied Broken China Distress Ink with an ink blending tool with a sponge applicator, around the image.  I colored the image with water color pencils.

The other day I was laminating something and had a piece of the laminating film left that had gone through the laminator.  I saved it just in case I had a use for it, I hate throwing away potential crafting items!  The very next day I saw this technique on Tim's blog. 

I took that piece of laminating film and ran it through my Cuttlebug in the Snowflakes embossing folder .  I happened to have this piece of laminating film available, but you can do the same with any type of packaging, you know the kind I mean, those clear plastic packages that are so horrible to get into!
Using brads I attached the embossed piece to the tag.

I used a piece of red satin ribbon to make a loop and attached it to the back of the tag with ATG tape, then covered the back with a piece of white card stock.
This would make a very cute tag for a gift, or would be very cute hanging on the Christmas tree.

Thanks for stopping by so I can share my creations with you.  I hope you have enjoyed this tag and may be inspired in some way.  Leave me a comment and let me know what you think, I love feedback!

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

Roxie said...

A very clever idea, that Tim is just full of them!
I did his alcohol inks and canned air technique and that was a lot of fun too!