My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Take That!!!!

Welcome!  I'd like to share a card with you today, that I made for a really special guy.  My lovely niece, Nicole has a wonderful fiance, Dave.  He was diagnosed not too long ago with brain cancer for the second time and has been undergoing quite a lot of therapy to be rid of it.  He's gonna beat this thing!!! I saw a card that was sent to a blogger friend, Monique, (she is fighting breast cancer) that gave me this idea. 

In his own words, Dave is a dork where it comes to comic books.  He loves them and when I saw the card that Monique had recieved similar to this one, I knew I had to make one for Dave. 
To make it, I found a Superman symbol and printed it out to make a template. I traced the template onto red card stock,  then cut it out and layered it onto yellow card stock.  This, I adhered to blue card stock which was then adhered to a Kraft colored A-2 sized card that I folded to make an easel card.

I hand wrote the ZAP and colored it in with a black Zig pen, I used red and blue to outline the 'starburst'.  Once it was cut and adhered to the blue and red card stock I used foam adhesive to place it on the card. 

I printed the 'sentiment' from the computer onto white card stock. I also added a piece of white card stock to the inside of the card to write my own sentiment.

I hope Dave enjoys this card as much as I enjoyed making it for him.  I just wanted him to know I'm thinking about him and I know he is kicking cancer's butt.  To me he is a real Superman!  He is fighting a very tough fight and is going to win!

Thanks for stopping by today!  Leave me a comment if you wish.
Until next time, Happy Crafting!

4 comments:

Tracey said...

He will love it....awsome idea!

kisatrtle said...

love the sentiment.

Monique Griffith said...

Oh Kristie, that turned out fantastic. He is sure to love it. Great job!!!

Dianne said...

Love the card. Great work.