My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Sunday, June 12, 2011

First ever Eureka! Stamps Blog Hop

Welcome one and all to the first ever
Eureka! Stamps Design Team Blog Hop!

If you have arrived from Jessica's blog, you are on the right track.  If you have just happened upon the hop by stopping by my blog, you will want to start at the beginning at our Eureka! blog.  There is sure to be some wonderful inspiration all along the hop.  If a link doesn't work along the way, just go back to the Eureka! blog where there will be a "master" list.

I'm so excited to be on this new design team. 
I love the stamps at Eureka! Stamps
Today our theme is 4th of July and summer. 

I have chosen to show you a couple cards that I have made to send to some of our servicemen/women.  I think they deserve a huge thank you for all they do to keep our freedom.  Without them, past and present, we wouldn't be celebrating the 4th of July!
This first card was made using Large Patriotic Star (#11603)
I used VersaMark ink to stamp the star randomly onto the kraft card stock.
I then stamped it onto white card stock with blue ink and fussy cut it,
and adhered it over one of the VersaMark stars with foam tape.

This second card, I used the same Large Patriotic Star image.  This time I stamped them onto red card stock with VersaMark ink and heat embossed them with white puffy embossing powder.
I fussy cut them, adhered them to blue card stock and fussy cut them again.  They are adhered to the card with foam tape.

I'm sorry this doesn't show up better in the picture, but I used VersaMark again to stamp a star at the bottom of the inside panel.

I will be adding a personal note of thanks and then sending these cards off to a cyber-friend who will be sending them to her husbands unit in Afghanistan.

If you are interested in sending some cards to thank our servicemen & women, send me an e-mail (there is a link in my right side bar) and I will get more information out to you.

Thank you for stopping by!  I'd love it if you would leave a comment and then you need to hop on over to Monika's blog where I know you are going to find some more wonderful inspiration!

And be sure to stop in to the Eureka! Stamps Store and see what fabulous stamps you can find!  They really are quite wonderful!

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

8 comments:

Kristine Reynolds said...

Love that star image! So versatile. Thanks for sharing!

Dawnll said...

Love what you did with these stars- I hadn't seen these before.
You always use great stamps and come up with fun ideas.
blessings to you, Dawn ll

Ceal said...

I love how you did the stars on the red card, both cards are awesome

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

love your star cards!

Roxie said...

Nice card design and great use of the patriotic star image.

Holly said...

Love the two different looks with the same patriotic star stamp!

scrappingmamma said...

very nice cards , I love them perfect for the 4th! I'm a new follower :-) Thank-you for sharing~
Deborah ~ ustoleit@comcast.net
http://www.scrappingmamma.net

Anonymous said...

Love the second card, great for a guy!

Sarah K (Sarosa)