My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Summer Celebration with the QKR Design Team

Welcome to the Kristie Kreates post for the
Summer Celebration with the QKR Stampede Design Team!

If you have just happened upon my blog and didn't start at the beginning of this summer celebration hop, you probably want to start at the beginning.  You won't want to miss any of the great inspiration and projects any of the design team ladies have posted.

If you have arrived here from Kristine's blog you are on the right track.  I'm sure you were inspired by her project!  Isn't she talented?!?!

For my project today, I have a card to share with you.  I used "Sneakers" (#12706) from QKR Stampede along with one of the 3-D images from Eureka! Stamps called "Butterfly Pattern" (#29401) Eureka! is a sister company of QKR Stampede.

Nothing says 'summer' to me more than walking barefoot in the grass and that is what inspired this card. 
I love the "Sneakers" image and thought it was perfect for a summer card.  It reminds me of being out of school for the summer and running through sprinklers to stay cool in the summer sun.
I stamped the image onto Kraft card stock and fussy cut it. 
For the grass I cut strips of green card stock from my scrap stash and then cut LOTS of little blades of grass, then layered the 'grass' onto the card.
The sneakers nestled into the grass and adhered with foam tape.
The butterfly is a wonderful 3-D image and I will post more with this image at another time. 
Be sure to stop by the stores and take a look at the many wonderful summer images they have at QKR Stampede and Eureka! Stamps.
Thanks for stopping by, now you will want to go to
and see what creative project she has to show you.

Feel free to leave me a comment and become a follower!

Until next time, Happy Crafting!


4 comments:

Dawnll said...

Such great colors and design sweetie- love these images.

Kleeblatt said...

What for a great idea with the sneakers. I like it.

Hugs Monika

Roxie said...

Your butterfly looks great and the sneakers in the grass is perfect for summer.

Karen said...

Very cute. Looks like someone is having a perfect summer day.