My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Same stamp different looks

Hello! 
Tonight I was straightening my craft room and found these 3 cards on my table and realized I'd never shared them with y'all.

All 3 are made with the same stamp, but colored differently and made into different layouts. They are made with the "Butterfly and Sunflower" stamp (#20801)  from Eureka! Stamps.

I stamped them all onto watercolor paper and colored them with watercolor crayons.

My favorite crafting motto is "There are no mistakes, just opportunities to be creative."  This card is a perfect example of that motto.  I had the front of the card all done, had put some "Liquid Pearls" on the lower corner and put it aside to dry.  If you have ever worked with them, you know that Liquid Pearls take a while to dry.  I set them aside and went on to work on something else.  About 15 minutes later, I realized that I had put something right on top of that card.  What a mess, so I cut the bottom of the front off. 
Now I had a card front that was short.  My solution?  I punched out the swirls and flowers with an edge punch and added them to the bottom of the inside.  I like how it turned out.  Sometimes 'goofs' are a good thing.

I have been wanting to make some cards with lace on them and I was pleased with the way this one turned out.  I love the look of lace and think this is going to be used a bit more from now on.

This third card doesn't show in the picture as well as I would like it to, that blue layer is actually glitter card stock.  I got some wonderful colors of glitter card stock when I visited my friend, Mary and we went to Crafts 2000 in Michigan.  I haven't used much of that glitter card stock, but it's another supply I think I will be using more.

I hope you have enjoyed my cards today.  Leave me a comment and let me know what you think of them, become a follower if you like.

And be sure to stop in to the Eureka! Stamps shop and see all the fabulous images they have to offer. 

Until next time, Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

kisatrtle said...

Such a pretty stamp