My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Saturday, May 4, 2013

First Communion Card

Talk about leaving things till the last minute!
My great niece, Emilee, is making her first communion and of course I wait until the night before to make the card.
I've known about this for almost a month, but leave it to me to procrastinate!
Of course, when I went to look for the paper, that I know I have, with little crosses on it, I can't find it.
Could it be that I have a gazillion sheets of paper, or maybe that I have a bunch of my paper over at My Happy Place, the crafting studio where I work?
Well, my paper hoarding is for another post.
So what to do?
I decided to make my own paper.
I found an image that I could use from the internet and printed up some communion paper.
Below is the card I made.
Here it is, all folded up.  I felt the 'belly band' needed a little something more, so I wrapped it with gold thread and made a little bow for it.

Here is the card opened.  The center is a little pocket where we will put a little cash for her.  This style of card is great for gift cards too.
I also figured out how to use the envelope attachment on my
Martha Stewart scoring board and made a little envelope for it.
It measures 3.5" x 3.5" so making an envelope was the best bet.
 
Thanks for stopping by today!
I hope you will come back soon.
 
Until next time, Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

Susan (rainy) said...

Such a unique design and beautiful card, Kristie. She will love it!

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

Great thinking with the computer! Don't tell your hubby that though...then he'll say "why do you need all this stuff if you can just make your own?" :)