My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Monday, May 27, 2013

Great Outdoors

The Great Outdoors!
This is the theme of the
Eureka! Stamps Challenge
this week. Be sure to check out the particulars on the
I decided to use 2 images from
"Lg Tree" (#15302) and
"Leaf Background" (#26901)
I used VersaFine ink for the background image.
I stamped it onto white card stock,
then stamped it again on another piece of card stock.
The second stamping is what I used on these cards.
I wanted it to be a little more subtle.
I then cut a circle from a piece of very light weight paper.
I laid the paper over the background image
and inked the circle with Distress ink. 
Then I stamped the tree image onto the circle.
This panel was then adhered to a card base
that had been inked with the same
Distress ink colors as the circle.

This second card I used the same technique,
but once I had inked the green circle,
I took away the mask and replace it
with the circle that had been cut out
and inked around the circle with yellow Distress ink.
I wanted to give a kind of bright yellow sunny feel to the background.
My daughter likes the second card better,
but I kind of like the first one.
What do you think?
Leave a comment and let me know.
I hope you have been inspired in some way.
Maybe to try a new technique,
try some inking
or just to participate in the challenge.
 
Thanks for stopping by today, come again soon.
 
Until next time, Happy Crafting!

No comments: