My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Gift card holders

Hi blog friends!
I know these gift card holders are Christmasy,
but just change up the papers and they would
be any theme you want.
We had several gift cards that we gave this year and
needed holders for them, so I created these on the fly.
It's really quite easy to make a gift card holder.
For the front you can just add any themed paper
and embellishments that you like.
Here I used some snowflakes, but they could have
been flowers or balloons or whatever you may have in 
your stash.
For the inside, I made a fold about 1.5" from the bottom
and  used my ATG tape on the sides. 
Then fold the top of the card stock
down to line up with the bottom of the card.
Just be sure when you cut your card stock that there is enough
room for the gift card.
Most gift cards are about 3.5" which means the card stock 
needs to be about 8.5" long.  I made the width about 3"
for this card.  
This holder was very simple.
I cut a piece of card stock about 5 - 5.5" x 4"
I used a piece of trim paper for the "pocket" and
taped it along the sides and bottom,
then stamped a greeting in the upper corner.
I made a plain white envelope with my
We R Memory Keepers Envelope Punch Board
cut the design from a piece of scrap paper and 
added it to the front of the envelope to dress it up.
This holder was actually a "happy accident"
Somehow I had cut the wrong size piece of card stock,
so decided to just turn it sideways
and use it as the inside of this holder.
I'm not sure of the exact dimensions on this,
but I'd say they are probably pretty close to the one at the top.
There was plenty of room to write a sentiment in this
holder, or I could stamp something along with the 
leaves and berries.
After I'd made all my gift card holders I realized that I 
needed one for a card my Mom was giving and I had to make 
one more.
I simply folded some card stock to fit the card and dressed it
 up with some scrap paper.
I wish this paper showed better in the pictures,
it's one of my favorites with the leaves and berries 
flocked and the background a shimmery paper.
Probably the last little bit of that paper in my scraps.
So glad I hang onto scraps like I do.

Thanks for stopping by today.
I hope you were inspired in some way and 
maybe will try creating some gift card holders.
Just take some scraps or card stock
 from your stash and start folding around
a gift card and see what you can come up with.
And like I said, they can be made to work for any occasion,
just use your imagination and whatever you have in your stash.

Hope to see you again soon!


No comments: