My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Friday, January 15, 2016

Smells Swell

Hello friends!
I'm going to get personal today.
Have you seen the product Poo Pourri?
(If not, check out that link.)
Have you tried it?
I have and I gave some to my son, which he used up 
pretty quickly.
I had heard that you could make your own version
of this product with just a few ingredients.
So I check on Pinterest and sure enough
there were lots of posts about it.
Guess who got my version, which I call
Smells Swell,
in their Christmas stockings.
Yep, my family did.
Here's how I made it.
Gather together:
a spray bottle 
 (mine is 8 oz, it's all I could find at Bed Bath and Beyond,
I didn't want to get a cheap ones at the Dollar tree
 and have them poop out on my family.)
Isopropyl alcohol (mine is 50%)
Essential oil (whatever scent appeals to you)
a 1 teaspoon measuring spoon.
Measure 2 tsp of alcohol into the spray bottle
Remember I'm using an 8 oz bottle.
Add about 30 drops of essential oil
You can add more or less depending how strong you want
the scent to be, be sure to use enough though!
You don't want the wrong scent to come through!
Fill the bottle the rest of the way with water.
Shake it up to be sure it's mixed.
The solution will be cloudy, this is how it should look.
Here are the 3 bottles I made.  

This is the label I made for the bottles.
And I just got word that it works well from Sara, 
they tested it out when she had house guests for 
Christmas.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you are going to 
give Smells Swell a try.
And if you want a good laugh, 
and watch their commercials.
Come again soon,
you never know what you'll find on 
Kristie Kreates.


No comments: