My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Wine Glass Candle Holder Process

Hello craft lovers!
Remember these candle holders that I made 
for Christmas?
Today I'm going to give you a quick tutorial on how
they are made..
I started out with a plain wine glass.
I get them at the Dollar Tree.
I created a pattern with my 
Silhouette Studio Designer Edition software.
This picture shows how it looks on my computer,
I have color coded all the pieces to the colors of glitter
I will be using. I cut all the pattern pieces from vinyl.
Once the pieces are all cut, they are layered onto the
wine glass. You need to figure out which colors you will be doing 
last and layer up from there.
On the penguin, the last color I was applying was the orange, 
so those pattern piece went on first.
The feet were first, then the white belly.
We then used Mod Podge to cover the glass,
then poured on the black glitter.
We waited until the first coat was good and dry,
then applied a 2nd coat.
Different colors may require more applications, 
use your judgement and do what you like best.
Once the black was done, we removed the pattern
piece where the white would go and added that.
And so on until we were finished.
The trickiest part was the eyes.
We had to remove the large white circle and
before putting on the white glitter, we laid down
a smaller circle for the black of the eye.
The little white dot in the eye was added last with
a little bit of Liquid Pearls.
Once all the glitter was applied and had all dried,
we sprayed them with a glossy spray sealer
If the Mod Podge you have is a glossy one,
you can use that to finish them.
DO NOT use a matte Mod Podge!
(don't ask me how I know)
This final seal will prevent the glitter from flaking off
your project.
This is the pattern I used for my Grinch candle holder.
We used the same process as with the penguin.
When we removed the different pieces, 
we used a fine paint brush to apply the Mod Podge
since the areas were so small, 
but it was worth the effort.

I have seen some very cute ideas for Valentines Day
using this same process and supplies and I'm thinking of
making a couple for that holiday also.
If I do, I'll post them for y'all to see.

Thanks for stopping by today,
I hope you've learned something 
and been inspired in some way.
Come again soon.



No comments: