My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Sunday, January 3, 2016

Party Poppers

Hi blog friends!
Today I'm showing you a fun idea for favors.
When I was a kid my Aunt had us over for dinner for our birthdays.
She always had party poppers that we'd pull a tab and it would
pop, kind of like a little firecracker.
Inside the tube was a little toy prize and a paper party hat.
I haven't seen them for years.
I have seen some that look like the ones we used to get, 
but they don't pop.
I wanted to re-create them from my childhood for 
our family Christmas party.
I couldn't find the "poppers" that I wanted, but 
made them with out them.
I'll keep searching to see if I can find the popping part.
I created a file with my Silhouette Studio Designer Edition software
and cut them on my Silhouette Cameo.
Once they were cut, I simply stuck them together with ATG tape, 
filled them with some candy and tied them with ribbons.
Here is how they looked all finished.
I put one in each Christmas stocking at the party.
We each have a stocking, so that was 26 of them.
Here's what was inside.  Dum Dum's and Smarties.
Several people commented that they liked these little 
"poppers"
They aren't terribly big, so only small things will fit,
I think there were 3 or 4 each of the Dum Dum suckers 
and Smarties.
The ends don't close completely, so whatever goes inside
can't be too small either.
They are a fun little favor though and would be great 
for any kind of party.  Kids would love them for a birthday
party. I know when I was a kid, I always looked forward to them.

Thanks for stopping by today,
come again soon.
You never know what you'll find on 
Kristie Kreates.

No comments: