My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Ice Cream Sundae Box

Hello crafty friends!
Today I'm showing you a very special gift.
My son, Jaryd and his girlfriend, Sara, wanted to make a gift
for my daughter, Kelsie, for Christmas.
Sara bought a bare wood box with a window in the top
at Michael's.
She painted it in a Minnie Mouse theme.
They asked me to help them with the design for the glass
top of the box.  I found some "Minnie ears" and used
the font "Walter" which is a Disney type font for Kelsie's 
initials.  I did my designing in 
Silhouette Studio Designer Edition software
and cut all the pieces from vinyl with my 
Silhouette Cameo, then layered it onto the 
glass top of the box.
I put black card stock inside the box so you could see the design
on the glass without reflections.
I think this turned out adorable.
Jaryd and Sara put all the fixins for ice cream sundaes 
into the box for Kelsie's Christmas gift.
Well...... minus the ice cream, of course.
They were given an ice cream maker for Christmas
so they will be making her some homemade ice cream to 
go with the toppings.
Once she is done with the goodies, Kelsie will have a 
cute box that I'm sure she'll find a fun use for.

Thanks for stopping by today,
come again soon.
Until next time, Happy Crafting!

No comments: