My Other Pages

To make it easier to read about our trip to Ireland, I have made a page that is just for that. There is a tab above for Ireland Trip 2014 or click on the Home tab to read my other posts. I have also created a new page for My Weight Loss Journey if you are interested in that, click on the tab above.

Friday, May 19, 2017

Mother's Day Card #5

Hi crafty friends!
Now you are probably wondering why I have 
made so many Mother's Day cards.
Earlier this year I decided that I wanted to make
a point of sending out more cards to my family,
so that's what I've been trying to do for 
holidays.  I'm lucky enough to still have my
Mom, she is 92 yrs old and going strong.
But I also have a few sisters in law that I'll be
sending them too.
Just because they are not MY mother
doesn't mean they don't deserve a card, right?
Today I have card #5 in my series.
This poppy stamp is one of my favorites.
I stamped it with Versafine Onyx Black Ink
onto water color paper.
I colored it with 
and fussy cut it.
The black background is from a piece I had
in my stash.  I made this using Perfect Pearls
and black card stock.
It's hard to capture the shimmer in a photograph, 
but in real life it's just beautiful.
The larger background was also in my stash,
it was made using
I simply wrapped it around a piece of white
card stock to give it stability,
then adhered it to the card base.
I love having these handmade background
pieces in my stash to choose from.
I used some craft foam on the back of the 
black piece to give a little dimension.
The sentiment is from 
from QKR Stampede.

I hope you are enjoying these cards,
I sure did enjoy making them.
Come again soon for card #6 and the
last in the Mother's Day Card Series.
See you soon!




Note the links are only to give a reference so you can
see what the products are.
I didn't necessarily purchase from these sites,
except where specified,
and you may find better prices elsewhere,
I am in no way promoting any particular site.

No comments: